- We have a "Thermometer" template added to our template list
- We wish to create a new "Thermometer" thing based on the latest version in this template
- Our "Thermometer" template was created in the Create Template scenario
- A new thing can be created from any version listed in this template
- A created thing will be a clone of the model thing used for the version (same properties, methods, events, etc.)
- This example demonstrates how a "Thermometer" thing is created from the latest version
1. Create "Thermometer" thing from "Thermometer" template
- In the "Template: Thermometer" tab, open "Information"
- Simply click the "Create Thing" button - a new thing will be created and opened
- A new "Thermometer 2" thing is created. You can find its base template and version in the "Information" section:
The new "Thermometer 2" thing is an exact duplicate of the "Thermometer" thing that version 1 (v.1) is based on (same properties, method, events, etc.)
Clicking "Thermometer" will open the the "Information" section of the "Template: Thermometer" tab with a list of all its versionsClicking "v.1" in will open the "Versions" section of the "Template: Thermometer" tab with details on the model thing used for the version
A new thing can also be created from any of the previous versions. Simply open the "Versions" section in the "Template: Thermometer" tab, click on the desired version, and then click "Create Thing"
Whenever a new thing is created from a template version, a name is automatically assigned to it that matches the template name with a number added, such as "Thermometer 2", "Thermometer 3", etc.
Additional things can also be created from a template. In this case, the name given to the next next thing created from the "Thermometer" template will be "Thermometer 3", regardless of the selected template version