- Most API commands sent to GadgetKeeper involve interacting with a particular "thing" in some way
- A typical command would create/delete a thing, set/get thing details, or interact with properties, methods, or events of a thing
- These commands need a "Thing Id" in order to perform this interaction
- In the "Things" tab, select the desired "thing" to open its tab
- In the "Information" section of this tab, double click on the Id to select it, and then copy the Thing Id
If authorization is needed for the API command, an API Key must be obtained as shown .