The API methods used for provisioning enable vendors or general users to:
- Activate and register a device with a serial number
- Obtain information on the latest "target" firmware version
- Obtain information on the current firmware version installed on the device
- Download and install the selected version
- Update/switch GK thing's version to the installed version on the device (confirms the latest update on GK)
All provisioning interactions between devices and GadgetKeeper are done by using the API methods as explained on the Provision API page
Activating a device with the given serial number allows future API calls to GadgetKeeper by returning two key Id numbers:
Devices that use Provision API must have a software-readable string identifier "Serial Number" (e.g. Serial Number, MAC address, etc) that associated with Product.
In order to setup a Product and to add Serial Numbers to it, Vendor can use GadgetKeeper Console or API.
Check out Activate Device tutorial for API calls details.