- Many API commands sent to GadgetKeeper involve interacting with a "method" of a "thing"
- A typical command would execute a method, set/get method details, or create/delete a method
- These commands need a both a "Thing Id" and a "Method Id" in order to perform the interaction
- The "Thing Id" is obtained as shown in Thing Id
- The "Method Id" is obtained as shown the the following procedure:
- In the "Things" tab, select the desired "thing" to open its tab
- In the "Methods" section of this tab, select the method to open the "Details" panel for it
- Double click on the Id to select it, and then copy the Method Id
If authorization is needed for the API command, an API Key must be obtained as shown .