- Many API commands sent to GadgetKeeper involve interacting with an "event" of a "thing"
- A typical command would activate an event, set/get event details, create/delete an event, or set/get/delete datapoint values of an event
- These commands need a both a "Thing Id" and an "Event Id" in order to perform the interaction
- The "Thing Id" is obtained as shown in Thing Id
- The "Event Id" is obtained as shown the the following procedure:
- In the "Things" tab, select the desired "thing" to open its tab
- In the "Events" section of this tab, select the event to open the "Details" panel for it
- Double click on the Id to select it, and then copy the Event Id
If authorization is needed for the API command, an API Key must be obtained as shown .